This plate was begun in 1877, on the right side, as a bookplate for the dealer Leon Lerey. It was never completed and the blank area of the plate was never cut off. Ten years later, Buhot retrieved the copper, drew the owl's castle on the left and, deciding to incorporate both images in one design, added the sketches and tonal variations in and around the two.
|Image Size||11.1 x 17.6 cm|
|Reference||Bourcard - Goodfriend 51 & 168|